My apologies, it's been far too long since I've posted. Some bloggers get to it daily. The only thing I do daily is eat, sleep, evacuate, and wash.
Jaxson is nearly 9 months old now and I must say he is mostly to blame for no new posts. Plus Carlee and Weston let me babysit a lot! Which I love. I would say I can't get enough of him, but that's not true either. He wears me out. After about 24 hours, I love saying goodbye. I am so glad Jon and I decided not to have a baby. Thank you Carlee and Weston, for having him and sharing him.
He has six teeth and I don't recommend you put your finger in his mouth to get the peanut butter stuck on the roof of his mouth. It hurts. I learned the hard way. You would think at my age I wouldn't have to actually experience it, but I did.
He is also very mobile. He crawls. Fast. And is no longer interested in being confined. Which means I get even less done and my floors are cleaner. He makes a great mop. And he's wobbly. I'm going to have to start the anxiety medication again. I just about lost him off the couch the other day. Caught him by the leg when his head was about a 1/4" from the floor. Then laughed at myself because I can't believe I didn't see it coming. That's the best part of my age, laughing at myself. I'm getting pretty good at. Although my husband would say I don't do it enough.
I think Jax knows and loves me, but let me tell you who makes him giggle. Christopher Michael. Who officially notified us his name is now Chris. I object. But everyone else calls him Chris anyway. Jaxson lights up when Christopher walks in the room.
And then there's Grandpa Jon. Who took Jax's picture to the Jazz game tonight and was showing everyone his cute grandson. So how many kids do you have? Oh no, he's a cheater. He skipped the having kids part (mostly) and went straight to the dessert of life - grandparenting. It's so cute how Jaxson lights him up. There aren't very many days in a week that pass without me hearing, "Where's that baby?" I'm so grateful he loves him and lets me babysit as often as I want to.
Christopher played football again this year and had a blast. He had a great coach and played on a great team. You'll have to ask him what position he played. What can I say, I'm learning the game, albeit slowly. Positions and plays still don't make sense to me.
Now Christopher is playing Jr. Jazz. He's doing very well in school and I'm very proud of all of the growing up he's done over the last year. Hell, I'm very proud of all of the growing up I've allowed him to do.
Carlee is in school to become a master esthetician. She's still working at the juice place. She turned 20 this week. Gulp. That's my baby. The circle of life is closing in on me.
I just reached my one year anniversary with my current employer. I've been working so hard to learn and get things done, I'm afraid I've neglected many of my friendships. I miss my GE friends so much. I always feel better after I've taken the time to hang out with someone I used to work with.
Thanks for listening.
Love, Peace, and Joy
Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Loved the post. You should do it more often...j/k
Post a Comment