Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A love unlike any other

I am in heaven! He is so fun! I was in tears for a few days and I wondered and Jon asked if I would ever be able to look at him without crying. I can now.

I was very worried. Carlee went into labor three weeks early and they did not rule out a c-section until he was nearly here. Luckily, I only found out yesterday, that the cord was wrapped around his neck. I could not have handled that information on March 8th. I felt so displaced and overwhelmed.

Weighing in at only 5 lbs 7 oz made me a little nuts too! He is tiny. But I have seen him eat, changed his stinky diapers, and heard him scream as I've bathed him in the sink. He is going to be fine. He will be 8 lbs before we know it. And Carlee is really taken with him. It's adorable. She is so sweet to share him with us and let his grandma bathe him. My favorite thing in the world. Making a baby clean and smell so sweet. There is something about a baby just bathed and snuggled in soft jammies.

OK, I still cry a lot. I am so grateful to be his grandma, that he has arrived with very little incident, and that he is a part of our lives. I am also grateful that Weston was there for Carlee and little Jaxson.

Does he look like his grandpa Jon?

Christopher probably said it best on the day he was born, "I feel funny inside, all tingly. I really love him."

3 comments:

pattythequilter said...

Stop it...I am sobbing as I read this!
I am a bigbabywannabeagrandmalady.

Janet said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG it has been so long since you updated your pictures, the grand kid now has a mustache!!!

Janet said...

Okay, so Jaxson is now walking and will be going to school next week. His first tooth is loose and he is just as beautiful as the day he was born!!! Just kidding--however put the baby down and update your blog with some new pictures.